Benefits of Team Work
January 07,2015 Business Minds
The benefits of teamwork include increased efficiency, the ability to focus different minds on the same problem and mutual support.
Many organizations rely on teams. Universities and colleges have included team communication and team management in their courses of study. There are many benefits to teamwork. Some of these include:
- Better Outcomes: Teamwork can lead to better business outcomes because the team can bring more resources to bear against a challenge and there is more oversight to reduce risk of poor individual contributions. For example, in healthcare teamwork is associated with increased patient safety.
- Efficiency: When a team is able to work well together they accomplish more than individuals can do alone. This helps a company save money while being more competitive in their market.
- Better Ideas: A good team is made up of diverse members. When these members apply different skills to the same problem, they come up with a more effective solution than one person working on the same problem.
- Mutual support: When teams work well together they are supportive of one another. Mutual support can encourage people to achieve goals they may not have realized they could reach on their own.
- Sense of Accomplishment: When members of a team work to achieve specific goals, there is often a greater sense of accomplishment than what an employee may feel when working on their own.
In order for teamwork to achieve these benefits, individual members must work well together. They need to be able to put thoughts of their own accomplishments aside to work for the benefit of the team.